Monday, July 14, 2008

Living in Christ & Mountain Top Experiences

Philippians 1:27 Whatever happens, Conduct yourselves worthy of the Gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit contending as one man for the faith of the gospel

In order to live in Christ and stand firm in the gospel as this text encourages us to do, we all need spiritual refueling, we need to be recharged, we need to visit the wise man on top of the mountain for some answers. Jesus went to the mountain top to pray, Noah’s Ark came to rest there, Moses experienced the burning bush there. It’s a thin place between heaven and earth,. We feel as if we can reach out and touch the hand of God. That’s great, do it. Go to the mountain top.
But we can’t live on a mountain top, the air molecules are very far apart and there are no trees, like the moon a great place to visit but you just can’t live there. We are charged to go out, to be salt and light, be in the world and not of it. Be the gospel!

Lord, Please grant me the opportunity for a mountain top experience, wherever I may be. Fill me up so that I can be a blessing in your world. Amen.

No comments: